Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We encourage as many organisations as possible to join the Guildford Community Lottery as one of the eligible good causes. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005), we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within the borough which benefit Guildford residents
- Have a constitution
- Have a bank account
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees; or
- A registered Community Interest Company; or
- Any other constituted group with a volunteer management committee comprising at least three members and which meets at least three times a year.
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting campaigns that do not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Guildford
- Organisations that do not do work within the borough boundaries
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The Council reserves the right to:
- Reject any application for any reason; and
- Terminate the participation of any organisation with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason, unless fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected in which case termination will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Guildford Community Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Guildford Community Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.