We encourage as many organisations as possible to join the Guildford Community Lottery as one of the eligible good causes. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005), we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within the borough which benefit Guildford residents
- Have a constitution
- Have a bank account
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees; or
- A registered Community Interest Company; or
- Any other constituted group with a volunteer management committee comprising at least three members and which meets at least three times a year.
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting campaigns that do not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Guildford
- Organisations that do not do work within the borough boundaries
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The Council reserves the right to:
- Reject any application for any reason; and
- Terminate the participation of any organisation with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason, unless fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected in which case termination will be immediate.