24 October 2020
3d 10h 32m
Synergy Dance Outreach is a Guildford based registered charity working hard to improve physical and mental health and wellbeing through accessible, innovative dance, yoga and related activities for people experiencing disadvantage including older people, those with special educational needs and disabilities (“SEND”) and other disadvantaged children and young people.
We really need your help so we can continue to offer our services locally and to enable us to grow to meet the ever increasing demand for our services.
Inclusivity is vital to us and we aim to ensure that neither finance, fitness, ability, disability nor family circumstance are barriers to participation. We encourage inactive people to become active, bring people together to regularly participate in accessible fun activity improving fitness and wellbeing and helping to combat isolation. Our Outreach classes provide structure in participant’s weekly routines and something fun to look forward to.
Our staff and volunteers are all trained in safeguarding and DBS checked. Our instructors also attend Responsive training with Stop Gap Education and are professionally trained by ParaDance UK. We are also collaborating with British Blind Sport and Sight for Surrey in working with Visually Impaired participants including sighted guiding and appropriate communication during class for best outcomes and appropriate class content. British Blind Sport have been supporting us with Visually Impaired (“VI”) training for coaches and are keen to help us to develop our concept of VI family fitness when both VI people and their families take part in exercise together. We have an excellent track record, demand for our services is continually increasing.
Our main activities for disadvantaged people in Guildford and Surrey include:
- Visually impaired (“VI”) classes for adults and children – dance, fitness and yoga delivered by specially trained teachers who have trained with ParaDance UK and received specialist training from Sight for Surrey in delivery for visually impaired people.
- Sit and Be fit classes for adults and children with SEND
- SEND classes in numerous leisure centres for children including Guildford Spectrum, Woking Leisure Centre, YMCA Redhill
- Special needs and Visually Impaired classes in schools – via Surrey Special Schools Sports Association which has over 20 members. Delivery includes regular dance/yoga sessions and adhoc themed workshops to enhance the curriculum.
- SEND holiday workshops for children and young people
- Holiday delivery for disadvantaged children & young people helping combat holiday hunger & raise aspirations/skills via Fun in the Summer Holidays and CHIPs council run schemes.
- Sing For Joy – singing with gentle dance/movement for older people
- Seasonal SEND events & festivals including SEND yoga/dance & well-being festivals for Special Needs Schools in Surrey at Guildford Spectrum Leisure Complex and live festivals with ParaDanceUK celebrating performance combining able bodied and disability/SEND participants
You can help us to enable local people with disabilities to have the same opportunities to enjoy dance, fitness and yoga, as the non-disabled community, and to provide accessible opportunities for other disadvantaged groups in the community to access our services and improve their quality of life, resilience and independence.
Please help us make a massive difference to people’s lives locally! Every donation helps us to make a difference to the lives of those we support who really need it. The people we support want to do these activities but simply aren’t able to access mainstream classes but you can help change that by supporting our charity through Guildford Community Lottery!
Synergy Dance Outreach provides a much loved and valued service for the community. To find out more go to: http://synergydanceoutreach.co.uk/
Please help so we can continue to offer and even expand our service!
Thank you for your support and good luck!
Mrs Rachael Hurton
Chair of the Board of Trustees
Help us share our cause on social media
£1 per ticket
That's right, unlike many other lotteries, our lottery tickets are only £1 per week.
60% to causes
50% to your chosen cause and 10% to other causes in Guildford.
£25,000 grand prize
Match all 6 numbers and you win the JACKPOT!